Let us guide you through joining our school
We are well aware of the stresses involved in applying for school places and that application processes can seem rather daunting, we have therefore broken it down into five easy to follow steps:
Step 1: Compile the necessary information and documentation
Please check the Year Group Allocation page to check which year group you should apply for based on your child's age.
As part of the online application form you will need to have the following information and documentation at hand in digital format.
- QID (unless not yet processed)
- Birth Certificate
- General Vaccination Certificate
- Passport photo
- Last two years school reports (unless your child is entering FS1, FS2 or Year 1 and has never attended school).
Please note - school reports must be in English, and must include teacher comments regarding behaviour and attitude to learning. Reports that state academic grades only are not sufficient.
- Mother’s Passport
- Father’s Passport
- Mother’s QID (unless not yet processed)
- Father’s QID (unless not yet processed)
Step 2: Submit the online application
To complete the Application Form, please follow the process in the Online Application link below.
Before starting, ensure that you read all the requirements in the application section carefully and supply us with the required documentation and information.
Before your child starts school you will have to provide us with:
- attested report cards if you are joining from outside of Qatar,
- transfer certificate if you are joining from a school within Qatar, and
- the Qatar ID for your child.
The admissions portal will remain open for the duration of your admissions journey. You can log in to the portal to view your progress and submit documents at any time, you will also receive a notification when there is an update. However, please note that once you submit forms and sign documents, you will no longer be able to make edits. If you have previously enquired to the school, please use the same email address to login to the portal because this helps us to identify you.
Step 3: Assessment
The submitted Application Form and supporting documentation will be reviewed by our Admissions Team to ensure that we have everything that we need. Your child(ren) will then be invited to undertake an entrance assessment.
EYFS children will be invited to school for a playdate observation.
Primary and Secondary students will be asked to sit an online assessment.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to USI.
Step 4: Offer and acceptance
If we are happy that we can provide a good education to your child and there is a seat available in the relevant year group, an official offer of a place will be made.
This official Offer Letter and Admissions Agreement must be signed and returned to the Admissions Office along with the payment of the non-refundable Registration Fee of QAR 2,500 by the deadline stated in the Offer Letter. If you miss this deadline without contacting the Admissions Office, the offer may be withdrawn.
Final step ↓
Step 5: Registration
The school will register students on behalf of parents whilst the Ministry of Education and Higher Education online system is open. After the MoE&HE registration closing date, parents will be required to provide the following documentation to the admissions team to finalise registration:
- the completed MOE registration form, which will be provided to you by the admissions team; and
- a copy of the stamp of entry to Qatar in your child’s passport.
Please note that a student cannot be registered with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education unless all of the correct documentation is provided. To read the full list of documentation required to start school, please review the expandable links below.
Required Documents to Start School
- Clearance Letter / Transfer Certificate from the previous school (If transferring from a school within Qatar).
- Ministry of Education Health Record (fit to attend school certificate) from Primary Health Care Centre (PHCC) in Qatar, this is for:
- All students joining from FS to Year 1, who have never attended school,
- Students who are transferring from schools within Qatar – FS1 to Year 1
All students new to Qatar and joining a school must provide the following documents before they will be allowed to start school.
- Child’s QID
- Attested report cards - the report card of the last full year (and any terms within a current school year) that the child attended need to be attested. Please ensure that this is done before leaving your current country
The reports must be attested by the following:
- The stamp from the school your child is coming from.
- The Ministry of Education in the country you are coming from
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country you are coming from
- The (nearest) Qatar Embassy to the country you are coming from
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar (once you arrive in Qatar).
- If your child is joining later in the year, you will be required to provide the entry stamp in your child’s passport and a form for the MoE&HE which the admissions team will provide you with.