Which year group should my child be in?
For admissions to the 2023-24 academic year, we are following the year group allocations below, based on the child’s date of birth. Please note that for the 2023-24 academic year, we are enrolling students up to Year 10 (age 14-15).
|Age||Date of Birth Between||Year Group||Key Stage|
|3-4||1 Sep 2019 – 30 Sep 2020||FS1||Early Years Foundation Stage|
|4-5||1 Sep 2018 – 30 Sep 2019||FS2||Early Years Foundation Stage|
|5-6||1 Sep 2017 – 30 Sep 2018||Year 1||Key Stage 1|
|6-7||1 Sep 2016 – 30 Sep 2017||Year 2||Key Stage 1|
|7-8||1 Sep 2015 – 30 Sep 2016||Year 3||Key Stage 2|
|8-9||1 Sep 2014 – 30 Sep 2015||Year 4||Key Stage 2|
|9-10||1 Sep 2013 – 30 Sep 2014||Year 5||Key Stage 2|
|10-11||1 Sep 2012 – 30 Sep 2013||Year 6||Key Stage 2|
|11-12||1 Sep 2011 – 30 Sep 2012||Year 7||Key Stage 3|
|12-13||1 Sep 2010 – 30 Sep 2011||Year 8||Key Stage 3|
|13-14||1 Sep 2009 – 30 Sep 2010||Year 9||Key Stage 3|
|14-15||1 Sep 2008 – 30 Sep 2009||Year 10||Key Stage 4|
|15-16||1 Sep 2007 – 30 Sep 2008||Year 11||Key Stage 4|
|16-17||1 Sep 2006 – 30 Sep 2007||Year 12||Key Stage 5|
|17-18||1 Sep 2005 – 30 Sep 2006||Year 13||Key Stage 5|
Further Admissions Information
English National Curriculum Overview
- The English National Curriculum is organised into blocks of years starting with the Early Years Foundation Stage, which caters to students aged 3 - 5.The students then move into ‘Key Stages’ (KS).
- KS1 and 2 are referred to as Primary Education, while KS3 is the start of Secondary School.
- KS4, is the start of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (I/GCSE), Years 10 and 11.
- KS5 or Sixth Form, is when the students start their A-Levels. Years 12 and 13.
Ministry of Education Guidelines
- The MoE&HE Guidelines state that all students must complete a full academic school year before they can move to the next year group. If your child has not completed part of a school year, they may have to repeat the year, irrespective of their age.
- Students cannot be more than two years older than the year group age they are applying to join*.
- If you are moving from a different curriculum to the English National Curriculum (ENC), please check the MoE Guidelines as to the equivalency of your child's curriculum to the ENC. For example, Scotland Prim. 2 = ENC Year 1, whereas US or IB Grade 1 = ENC Year 2.
Further information on this can be found on the MoE&HE Guidelines, read more here.
*Please note that any requests for children to enter a different year group to the one corresponding to their age will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.